When it comes to heaters, most of us want the large ones and that can spread heat the best throughout the room. Purchasing a heater definitely requires a careful decision as there are many heaters on the market that promise to output a bunch of heat, but at the same time, the heat that they output is very weak. So you can’t trust all the ones that say that it’s able to output an enormous amount of heat, and this especially is true for oil heaters that simply radiate heat.
In other cases, there are personal heaters, and these are the ones that are marketed towards those that are looking for a much smaller scale heating for just themselves. That’s what this Lasko #100 heater can do with its bare minimum capabilities. You can’t expect a lot out of these types of heaters. So let’s see everything it has to offer at the base level of indoor heating.
Feeling the Heat:
The heating level that this heater has to offer is not a lot at all. It has a very small size and therefore it has a very small fan. Of course, on the plus side, it at least sues a fan to push out the heat onto you. Along with the fan, there’s only a single heat setting, so you know where this is going.
The single heat setting on this heater has a 200Watt output and that translates into 682 BTUs. It’s with this type of heat output and its fan that this heater is really only useful for personal use indeed. Having it about 2 feet away from you and no further is the best way that you’re actually going to feel this heater. It’s also a heater that’s perfect to use within an office space as it has a low power rating, it’s small and you can place it on your desk facing/heating you.
Many might ask if the heater has any chance of heating a bedroom. Ultimately? No, not really. The only way that it could heat a bedroom is if you close the door fully so that not as much air escapes the room and then have this heater running. It could take a while, but it depends on the size of the room.
This heater does not have a thermostat so, when you turn it on it’ll just keep running until you turn it off.
Power usage with this Lasko #100 heater is not really a concern at all as it has a 200Watt output. In comparison to other, larger heaters on the market, that’s doesn’t really mean much at all.
The functional parts on this heater are very few as you could have probably figured within the Function section of this review.
This heater uses a 6-foot power cord, and even though it looks like it could batteries, it does not. Just plug in the heater with its 2-prong adapter and you’re ready to use it. At the front of the heater where the fan grill is, is where the only functional part of the heater is, and that would be the orange power switch. Once you turn on the heater, the power button glows letting you know that it’s on.
When it comes to noise, you don’t have to worry as the fan is very small and it takes just a small feathering sound while it’s on.
Size and Weight:
The size of this heater matches exactly what it’s capable of and that would be its minimalistic design. It has a height of 6.1 inches, a width of 4.3 inches, and a depth of 3.8 inches. The weight of this heater is 1.6 pounds. This is basically as easy as it gets with having a personal heater as it’s very small and you can just pick it up and go with it.
Owning just one of these is fine as you can transport it from and to your office space if you wanted to.
Structure and Material:
The build quality of this heater is quite good and at first, we worried that since it was actually quite small, and low-powered that its build quality would be on the lower end as well. It’s all made of plastic, but the outside of the heater doesn’t get hot. Also, the single button works well.
The safety tech on this heater is minimal as it’s a very low powered one. It doesn’t have any tip-over shut-off but it does turn off automatically if it were to overheats.
This Lasko heater is truly meant for personal use with its use of a small fan because of its small size and also because of its low output of heat. Heating a bedroom might be impossible if you were to close the door fully, but that can take a while with this heater and anything similar.
It has a very small size and lightweight making it very portable and able to transport it practically anywhere.
The build quality is quite good and it has an overheating auto shut-off feature.
|Lasko #100 200W MyHeat Personal Ceramic Heater Specs|
|Heat rating (BTU/hour)||682|
|Settings||Single Heat Setting (200W)|
|Uses a Remote||No|
|Does it Oscillate?||No|
|Size||6.1 H. x 4.3. x 3.8 W. inches|
There are different heaters with different capabilities. This Lasko #100 heater is a personal use one, so you should definitely not get it if you plan to heat a room. However, for the purpose it’s been built for as a personal use heater, we think it does a fine job.
- KEEPS YOU WARM AT WORK – At 200-Watts and 682 BTUs, this low wattage mini space heater is ideal for use under the desk to keep your feet and legs warm. Best of all, because it’s low wattage, it won’t keep tripping the office circuit breaker every time you turn it on.
- YOUR PERSONAL SPACE HEATER – At 6 inches tall with a 4” x 4” footprint, this cute, small electric heater takes up minimal desktop space and is intended to heat up your immediate space at home or the office. Designed to warm you, not a room. For that, we recommend getting a Lasko 1500-Watt tower heater.
- EASY TO USE – No assembly required. Simply take it out of the box and plug it in to a standard 120v wall outlet. This energy-efficient, indoor ceramic heater draws about 2 amps and turns on with a flip of a switch. Compact and portable, MyHeat comes with a 6-foot cord and a 2-pronged plug. It’s also easily stored when not in use.
- YEAR ROUND USE – Tired of always being cold at work in the winter? Is your cube right under the AC vent in the summer? If this sounds familiar, then this little heater is just what you need to keep you comfortable year-round. Produces a quiet, white noise that won’t disrupt your co-workers. MyHeat is available in 4 fun colors (black, white, blue, and purple) and makes for a great gift.
- TRUSTED FOR GENERATIONS – Lasko has been making quality products for over 100 years. MyHeat is ETL Listed and comes with Automatic Overheat Protection. The on/off switch lights up to let you know the unit is on. The self-regulating, safe ceramic heating element keeps the exterior cool to the touch – taking the worry out of using the heater for long periods of time.